In the market for a Cooling Mattress Pad?
Check out our honest reviews of the top 8 mattress pads.
It’s no fun to suffer through a sleepless night and wake up in the morning groggy and tired.
If you can’t get a decent night’s sleep, it can be extremely hard to function at peak capacity and make it through your day being productive and happy.
If you find yourself constantly kicking the covers off your bed and turning a bedroom fan on to the highest setting, then you should consider a cooling mattress topper. Not only are they incredibly comfortable and energy efficient, they add plush-ness to any bed and allow you to get a great night’s sleep without constantly waking up hot and sweaty.
At first glance, you might find the price tag on cooling toppers to be a bit high, but the money you will save in lower electric bills and also the better-quality night’s sleep you will get, make it money well spent.
We have rated the best cooling toppers to help make it easy to find the perfect one for you.
- ChiliPad™ Cube. is a cooling mattress topper that not only cools but heats too! It manages the surface temperatures of your mattress so you get to sleep conveniently all night long.
Built to fit all traditional and particularly dense mattresses, this phenomenal 150 thread count, poly-cotton cooling mattress pad employs soft clinical quality silicone tubing to flow frequent water throughout the pad. An integrated connection tube (96″ in length) hooks up the pad to the Cube . Dual-zone, multiple climate ChiliPads™ include distinct tubing and separate control units for each individual side developing a multiple climate zone.
Regulate the temperature with the stroke of a switch, either direct on the control component or expediently in bed with the cordless remote device. The Cube cools or warms the water to your very own set temperature and circulates it throughout the pad, frequently approaching temperatures well below a cooling 55 F as well as conveniently above a quite warm 110 F. A thermostat preserves the set temperature, helping you sleep at your own ideal temperature during the night.
End fights over the thermostat as well as reduce costs on your energy bill by cooling down or heating up your bed as opposed to the whole house! The control unit averages 80W of energy utilization, and dual-zone ChiliPad Cubes help you to set either side of the mattress separately. Go to sleep quicker and obtain much deeper, recuperative sleep longer by dealing with your sleep temperature!
- Bamboo Extra Plush Cooling Pad by ExceptionalSheets. Bamboo is a great product for cooling pads because of its ability to breath. These mattress pads are already in use by hotel companies such as Omni, Marriot, and Courtyard in their hotel chains across the United States. The top of the pad feels quite silky, but it is actually a very practical pad as well.
The pad is engineered to create fiber balls that trap the air and retain the shape of the pad, thus allowing it to cool the mattress. It facilitates airflow by holding its shape. Many people reported that this pad dramatically cooled their bed at night and the fact that it acts in the opposite manner as memory foam is actually a good thing for staying cool. If you live in a warm climate where your home easily becomes overheated, this is a nice option.
- Iso Cooling Memory Foam. This pad has 3” of visco-elastic foam and is made out of 100% cotton. It uses their Outlet Adaptive Technology to moderate each individual’s body temperature. Because of this, the heat is drawn away from your body and absorbed.
It is machine washable and also hypoallergenic. The 3” of foam can go a long way to making users with pain sensations more comfortable, so if you have a bad back or legs that get sore at night, this can be an excellent option. This topper is heavier and more substantial because of the foam.
- Night Guard Mattress Pad Cooling Mattress Cover. This is probably the most cost-effective of the bunch and because it is lighter weight, it does not change the grooves and feel of a person’s mattress. It is made from micro-plush fleece and is also hypoallergenic. It is very comfortable and has gotten great reviews from customers that say they do not even need any bedding on top of it.It is extra-breathable and machine washable and if cost is a factor for you, this is a great way to go.
- Gel Memory Foam 2 .5” Cooling Gel Infused Topper by ExceptionalSheets. This pad attempts to conform to your body without losing airflow that keeps it cool. To accomplish this, open cell technology is used along with gel beads in the memory foam. This will serve to relieve pressure points and align your spine while allowing the mattress to breathe.
Customers will receive a very restful and cool, as well as pain-free night’s sleep because of this technology. It is very comfortable and fits onto many mattresses quite well. It will arrive vacuum sealed and expand right out of the box.
- ExceptionalSheets Extra Plush with Fitted Skirt. Another entry from ExceptionalSheets, this pad comes complete with a fitted skirt which is not only practical but aesthetically pleasing as well. It will add a cushiony layer to an otherwise firm mattress, so if you have a mattress that is perhaps a bit past it’s prime, this is a good option.
It contains down fiber clusters which will trap the air and allow for a cooling night’s sleep and it is also hypoallergenic. This product allows seems to be very effective against soiling and is easily cleanable and machine washable.
- Nature’s Sleep Thick Aircool IQ 3” Thick. This pad from Nature’s Keep is expensive but can be worth the money due to the Aircool IG Gel Technology which simulates the support of a much thicker topper without the added weight and additional material. This will also customize itself to a body’s pressure points, while at the same time staying cool.
It is also CertiPur-US certified which guarantees that the foam is of the highest possible quality. It also has the added bonus of effectively stifling creaking noises and other sounds that can be disruptive to a decent night’s sleep.
- ViscoSoft 3-lb Density 2-inch Gel Infused. This topper costs less than most of the other entries on this list, but yet still addresses body temperature regulation, pressure point relief, body contouring and the elimination of motion transfer.
This topper has garnered great reviews in that it helps disseminate the heat while still contouring your body with the memory foam. It weighs in at 42 lbs which is more than double what most of the other toppers weigh. It has also gotten good reviews from chronic pain sufferers.
There are many perks to owning a cooling mattress pad to cool your mattress.
The added comfort is one of the main ones, in addition to no longer having to resign yourself to tossing and turning and getting sweaty at night. Cooling pads don’t require much effort to set up and most companies will ship them directly to your door, so you don’t even have to bother going to the store to pick one out.
Reducing your electric bill by not having to constantly run bedroom fans are another perk and the added benefit to your long-term health that consistently getting a great night’s sleep will give you, makes adding a cooling topper to your mattress a no-brainer.
Given the amount of sleep that a human body needs to properly function, it makes perfect sense to invest in innovative products like this that make our sleep more enjoyable.